[TenTec] KR-50 Help

Aaron Lamb wm.aaron.lamb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 23:41:55 EDT 2008

I am trying to get my KR-50 to start working correctly after many years of
neglect.  Since I have unpacked all my HF gear after a 1100 mile move and 3
years in the garage my KR-50 has decided to act up.  It powers on and works
but as soon as I hit a dit or a dah it keeps on going and will not stop nor
switch from one to the other.  Whatever the first paddle I hit is the one
that keeps on going.  I've taken the whole thing apart and put it back
together, the mechanical portion of the keyer is fine and is not shorted out
either.  I would seem to be an issue on the keyer pcb but I don't really
know where to start looking.

I thought I would throw this one out to see if anyone may have some insight
on this issue.

Thank you,

Aaron Lamb

KD4GSL