[TenTec] OmniVI+ 30M L.O. instability

Ron Zond k3miy at csonline.net
Wed Sep 3 09:07:28 EDT 2008

Hi Steve and Others

I have am Omni V that dies if the ambient temperature goes above 25 C (77
F).
Mine dies on all bands. It dies on the low end first and moves up  the band.
A further warning of trouble is that  the sigs. both RX and TX have a rough,
choppy sound.  One suggestion was to recap the rig and\or use a TCXO
in place of the MO.

Ron
K3MIY