[TenTec] Omni VI Xtal Oscillator PLL observation

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Sat Sep 6 07:52:45 EDT 2008

I think I just answered my own question.

All the Xtal Oscillator frequencies are multiples of 50KHz, apart from
on 30m where it is about 24,501.8KHz. I guess TT introduced the 1.8KHz
offset so that they could offset the VFO by the same amount and avoid
some in-band spurii - possibly caused by the VFO's second harmonic on
this band. The unusual Xtal oscillator frequency would require a
different reference frequency in the PLL chip.

73,
Steve G3TXQ