[TenTec] Omni VI Xtal Oscillator PLL observation

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Sat Sep 6 12:46:15 EDT 2008

Dan,

I don't know the Omni V's mixing arrangement, but I'd be surprised if it
was much different from Omni VI.

By the way, I worked out that on 30m the 10MHz reference is divided by
291 in the PLL chip to produce an internal phase-detector reference of
34.364 KHz; the Xtal frequency is divided in the chip by 713. The result
is a locked crystal frequency of 10,000 x 713 / 291 = 24,501.7182 KHz

I guess the Omni V owners will be able to confirm whether its mixing
arrangement is the same.

73,
Steve G3TXQ