[TenTec] OT: two tone generation for SSB fault detection

Marinus Loewensteijn zl2ml at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 8 22:54:47 EDT 2008

I mentioned in an earlier posting in how to generate two tone on the cheap by using the computer and DSSF software.

However I am not thrilled in attaching my expensive laptop to a rig, escpecially when one relies for his living on the computer.

DSSF has an option to record for up to approx 10 minutes.  I enabled this facility and generated 700 and 1900 Hz test tones. Later I cut an audio CD which I then played on a portable CD player which did feed the microphone input. Worked like a charm and with an oscilloscope the problem was quickly resolved.

73, Marinus, ZL2ML