[TenTec] Looking for a rig upgrade...

jack jfriend31 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 9 22:34:53 EDT 2008

Bob, will take pictures tomorrow and send them on to you. the Orion is
serial number 03c10013 with tuner, 500 Hz and 250 Hz Ten Tec CW filters. i
have not operated SSB except that i tried it when first purchased. that
works fine too. no mike as i have none. all works like new. presently the
firmware is 1.373b5. i have tried all the firmware up to that number and
find it as good as any. i have two original Orions, thus the interest in
sale of one.
the asking price is $2000.
i recommend the Astron 35amp power supply. if you wish to buy that, it would
be extra at $100. (i also have 2 of them.)
the Orion has an internal keyer. i use MixW computer software and have used
keyboard keying for years, no keyer otherwise.
jack ak7o