[TenTec] Looking for a rig upgrade...

waltk8cv4612amos at att.net waltk8cv4612amos at att.net
Wed Sep 10 08:37:26 EDT 2008

What kind of operating do you do?

I can't picture anyone trading an Orion for a Mark V unless the Orion had a
record of problems.

If you are a ssb or digital geek the Omni 6+ is not for you! With all the
filters it is a superb CW radio though!

A bare bones K-3 is NOT expensive but it can run as much as a ORION II if
you fill up all the slots and options!

The ORION II has all the K-3 stuff plus a fairly nice display, not as good
as some of the $12K Japanese high end stuff though. You can really drop a
bundle on them and as one of my friends say " RF is RF " :-)

A good operator with an old clunker of a DRAKE TR-7 can do pretty good
................... the operative is GOOD OPERATOR !!

Walt K8CV Royal Oak, MI.