[TenTec] FS:Ten-Tec Delta 580 S/N 00164

James C. Owen, III k4cgy_list at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 17:01:46 EDT 2008

   I have a good operating Delta that is surplus to my needs. It's not a museum piece but in good overall physical condition and clean. I would say about a 7.5-8.0 as it has quite a few scratches, dings etc to the metal case and to the top of the plastic bezel. Does not have the optional noise blanker or CW filter. Has the optional crystals for 30 & 12 meters but not for 17 meters. It's also missing the crystal for the upper portion of 10 meters 29.5-30 MHz. Not a big loss since mostly FM there and the Delta doesn't do FM.
   I have rebuilt the VFO and done a complete alignment. Receiver has a sensitivity of less than .1uv (limit of my generator) and power output is set for about 95 watts. It is missing the correct knob for the band switch but has been replaced with one that closely matches the other knobs. A previous owner drilled out the tuning knob to 1/4 inch and mounted it in place of the dial skirt after he hacksawed off the vernier part of the tuning shaft (main reason for the VFO rebuild) and didn't drill it plumb with the rotation center. I repaired it with an insert but there is a wobble when tuning. This just looks funny and doesn't cause any problems.
   Comes complete with a power cord and 20A AirPax fast circuit breaker with power pole connector and copy of the instruction manual. There is no mike included.
   I'm asking $245.00 plus shipping. If any interest or questions please ask.
  73 Jim K4CGY