[TenTec] LOWPAS FILTER - Titan 425

Jim Brown K9YC k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Sep 18 16:13:32 EDT 2008

Hi Tad,

Depending on the vintage of your Titan, it may work fine on 30M,
or it might not.  I have three of them. Two work fine, the other
does not. For the ones that work, I set the Titan for 40 meters.
Load tunes at about 3, Tune around 0. The older one that doesn't
work smells like obvious overheating and does not give much
output.

Certainly the filters (in and/or out) were redesigned after the
first Titans were built to allow the 40M setting to work up to 10
MHz. I don't know the details of those changes.

For 17M, I use the 20M filters, with Load around 2.3 on the newer
ones and 3.5 on the older one. For all, Tune is near 0.

For 12M, I use the 15M filters.

You might ask Ten Tec. Maybe someone will know, maybe not. The amp
was designed 25 years ago, and the last guy who specialized in
repairing 425s retired last Christmas. You might also ask on the
amps list or the Ten Tec list (sign up for both at
contesting.com). I'll cross post this to both lists for you.

73,

Jim K9YC

--Original Message Text---
From: Tadeusz-sp1nqn
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 20:24:08 +0200

Hello. I found in internet information, that you have Titan 425. I would like to ask you, how can I
change Lowpas filter if I want to work with this filter on 10 MHz band. The numer of my titan 425
is 42500845. If you will help me I will be very happy.

Many thanks for answer, Vy 73 de Tadeusz SP1NQN  e.maial sp1nqn at jestok.com