[TenTec] Hamfest

doug at kb9ryo.com doug at kb9ryo.com
Sun Sep 28 18:34:22 EDT 2008

Hello,
 Not sure who all on the list had an opportunity to attend Ten Tec's
hamfest but it was one of the best ones I have attended in a while. It
was good to hear and see first hand the new items ( small accessories )
coming out for the newer rigs and that there is going to be a update for
the OII in a couple of months. Now if I could figure way to afford to
buy a OII. ;-)

I enjoyed reading the new book about the first 40 years of Ten Tec,
always nice to have a signed copy of a book from the author. The Lobby /
Sales area looked great after the refurb that they did to it, nice and
bright and inviting. It was really great to meet some of the folks that
work there and make Ten Tec rigs what they are. Met a couple of the
service guys John and Paul as well. Made the 7 hour + drive worth while.

Kinda of nice to spend the rest of the day enjoying the surrounding
scenery and the Smokies. Now if I could figure a way to survive I would
move down that way in a heart beat, as long as I could get up on high
ground for radio work.

Until next time, 73

Doug, W9NWN