[TenTec] Orion Backup Battery

Bill Miner wg6h at pacbell.net
Mon Aug 3 22:59:31 PDT 2009

I just had the front panel off and removed the DSP and display boards from
my ORION 565.

I fixed a cold solder joint that was causing intermittent Monitor audio,
found a lose ground connection, and resolved a shaft bind problem with one
of the VFO optical encoders.

I was not specifically looking for a battery but I looked the boards over
pretty close and I did not see a battery of any kind.  Is the backup battery
just in the ORION II or did I somehow miss it in my rig?????

Thanks & 73,
Bill - K6WLM