[TenTec] Ten-Tec Visit

n2cu at roadrunner.com n2cu at roadrunner.com
Thu Aug 13 05:03:52 PDT 2009

Thank you to those who provided useful information. Once I arrived in Sevierville I called Ten-Tec to verify that it was OK to drop in. There is a small store, a very well equipped museum and shack, and the tour of the facilities given by Stan WD0BGS was very informative. What I found surprising was that they make a lot of components on-site, including coils, a variable capacitor, and a variety of knobs. My non-ham wife was with me so I didn't get to play radio as long as I wished but I did finally get to try out an Orion II.
Tom N2CU <><