[TenTec] Head-Phone volume in Orion2

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Fri Aug 28 09:30:45 PDT 2009

This is a well-documented problem in the Orion II that has to do with a
different attenuator/chip scheme between the speaker circuit and headphone
circuit.  It's not impedance related, although large deviations from 32 Ohms
or using low-sensitivity headphones will make the problem worse.  The newest
firmware version, 2.041XT brings the two levels closer together when used
with the 'IF AGC' setting.

           Ron  N6IE
       www.N6IE.com