[TenTec] 610 Has started shipping today

n4dxi at aol.com n4dxi at aol.com
Mon Aug 31 10:38:24 PDT 2009

Doug....I'm guessing, I do not have info on 610 but to have my Orion 2 keyed by a logging program such as N1MM, I had to assemble a Winkeyer kit. ?Now I can either type on my PC keyboard or depress F keys on my PC to key my Orion 2. ?I'm guessing that the 610 would eliminate the need for the Winkeyer kit. ?Also appears from the page 28 CQ Sept page that audio is processed by the 610 as well as CW. ?Voice files could be stored by the contest software on the PC to be forwarded to the Orion 2 with, perhaps, the 610. ? Lastly, with all the talk about headphones and volume, I notice a volume control on the 610 and a separate phones and speaker outlet...perhaps the volume concerns could be remedied by the 610.?

I'll wait until the user manual is provided by Ten Tec on line.

Hope this helps...

73....John Bescher, N4DXI