[TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 80, Issue 32

Speer, Doug Doug.Speer at FairbanksMorse.com
Mon Aug 31 12:30:00 PDT 2009

 Message: 14
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:12:24 +0300
From: geoffrey mendelson <geoffreymendelson at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 610 Has started shipping today
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec at contesting.com>

On Aug 31, 2009, at 3:59 PM, Speer, Doug wrote:

> OK, I'm the slow guy in the class.  I get that the 610 is a USB keyer
> allowing paddles to connect to a PC.  What is the utility or advantage
> of this vs using the built in keyer in the Orion?  In other words, why
> do I want one (or more accurately why should I want one)?  What will
> it
> do for station operations?

Is it? I haven't seen anything describing it except for those two
words. To me  a USB keyer would go the other way, it would plug into
the USB port of a computer and the key jack of a radio, allowing the
computer to key the radio. This used to be done by a serial port hack,
but serial ports no longer are available on many computers, and the
USB to serial converters can't do it.

Geoff.

This makes more sense.  I said I was the slow guy in class, hihi.
Doug, W9PN

--
geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Jerusalem Israel geoffreymendelson at gmail.com

----------Legal Disclaimer----------

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential, and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee.  No other person is authorized to access, copy or re-use this message (or any information contained herein).  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and delete it from your computer.