[TenTec] Omni VII Query

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Wed Dec 9 23:48:57 PST 2009

With my learner's permit in hand, I wonder how you
tested output - CW... SSB ... or some more exotic
measure?

Also what is the error tolerance (+/-) of the meter, I
have read some have as much as 10% variance +/-
and if so, it could be that you are getting 95 watts out
and reading only 85 ?

Also, when you tested, what was the load - antenna, or
dummy load, or can/do you test at a point earlier in
the system?   I am taking it that the "lab grade" 50 ohm
load is a high quality dummy load  (i.e., a known quantity).

I am not being critical...  just looking to learn and apply
a limited knowledge at this point.

Thanks.