[TenTec] Omni VII Query

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at weather.net
Sat Dec 12 09:27:18 PST 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 11:01 -0500, Ron Zond wrote:
> Jerry
>
> Thanks for the additional info.
> I know it's not perfect, My understanding is that at 1\4 wave intervals, the
> "appearance" changes
> from series to parallel, and back to series. The impedance at any given
> point may be something
> other than 50 ohms. 73.
>
> Ron
> K3MIY

If the SWR is not 1:1, the impedance is varying as you travel down the
line. It can be represented as series or parallel at any point. The
change at quarter wave intervals is from inductive to capacitive
reactance and back the next quarter wave. Twice per half wave the
resistive component will be 50 ohms but with series or parallel
reactance depending on which equivalent circuit you wish to use.

73, Jerry, K0CQ