[TenTec] Colliins SWR Bridge

Phil Sussman psussman at pactor.com
Sun Dec 13 08:44:55 PST 2009

Yes Jerry, I did reverse the two but the result was the same.
Note that I used RG-213 between the two and RG-58 on either side.
I tried different lengths of RG-213 from 12in to 45in without
much difference. Let best match always was the deepest by far.

Yes, it is possible to 'fool' the input when the output impedance
is way of of tolerance. However, I've used an MFJ antenna match to confirm
my findings at a given frequency. The MFJ I use has both SWR AND impedance
meters. I wasn't concerned with the forward power reading as 'peak' and
'average' and 'weighted' all offer different readings. However, the best
dip (eg. match with a tuner) was always consistent among devices, regardless of
quality. Funny but true, eh?

73 de Phil - N8PS