[TenTec] O2 output level with PSK aux

pfizenmayer pfizenmayer at qwest.net
Wed Feb 11 21:50:43 EST 2009

Bob - I think your thought about 2nd harmonic may be a very significant
factor. I know that in my original Orion 565 I was trying to do a AF freq
response watching the RF amplitiude on a meter - Things looked screwy at low
frequencies up to about 100 cycles -Then I hooked up my scope and looked at
the RF envelope and there I could see the generation of very significant 2nd
harmonic with AF input freqs under 100 cycles . Above 100 cycles that went
away. I did not try to figure out where it was coming from as I was not
really interested in USING the Orion with AF inputs under 100 cycles -it
just showed up in testing . I have not looked at my OII to see if it does
the same .

The ne thing that went thru my mind is that the ESB guys should love that -
it was a trick the old AM radio designers used to use to make the bass sound
better .

73 de Hank K7HP