[TenTec] and STILL waiting...

M. Todd Miskel foamhand at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 22 21:01:08 EST 2009

Thanks to all who responded to my comments. I may have just been venting frustration by using the IC-7800 as an example. Actually, I agree with the email I got about the Elecraft K3 as an alternative except I have read it is lacking in the SSB audio quality area (which I primarily operate on). Don't get me wrong, there are alot of things about the O II I like, but I still can't seem to find a combination of settings while using the DSP NR that wont wipe out a weak signal that I can still copy somewhat by turning the NR off. I will give Ten Tec another year or two (the economy has to improve for me before I can change again...Hi Hi) and see what improvments they make before changing again. However, it does seem like Elecraft is more customer focused these days than Ten Tec is. I hope that changes soon. 73. Todd