[TenTec] Omni C help

Jerry Kitterman jerry.kitterman53 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 1 16:38:09 EST 2009

Gentlemen,
I have a Omni C and recently I have been getting drifty reports on cw which is all I use it for. Also, I hear the same drifty sigs on my end too on all cw signals. When I tap the top or face of the rig nothing happens but if I tap the tuning knob it shifts in freq. I have been told I need a pto rebuild. Dont want to send it to TT because I don't want to put much money in it but if the rebuild is all I need I will do that myself. Any ideas? TIA and happy new year to all.