[TenTec] Help/question re serial interface to OmniV

Allan Taylor k7gt.cw at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 10:05:57 EST 2009

I have both an OmniVI and OmniV. The VI has two ways to interface with
the station computer. I have forgotten the TT names for these two
output ports. One is through the 25 pin connector and the other is
through a stereo 1/8" jack. The second way does require a converter
(which I have and currently use) but makes connections to the 25 pin
much more convenient for band info (to tuner and Herc II). I would
like to add the second way of getting serial interface to the V. I
have looked at the schematics but (as I am not a E.E.) couldn't quite
get it figured out! I am sure there is a way to do this relatively
trivially, but I need a boost to get there.

Oh, the V uses the N4PY V.92 software, very recently installed.But
that shouldn't matter to the hardware.

--
73     Allan    K7GT