[TenTec] Omni VI Opt 3 Interface Port

Tim Heasman tim at sideswiper.plus.com
Sun Jan 11 18:25:25 EST 2009

Hi All,

Having just aquired the radio last week I got around to connecting it a PC
yesterday.

I have spent a frustrating day trying to make the RS 232 connection work,
and after fabricating a second cable that did not work, I had an
investigation inside the radio.  What I found was that the connections ended
up with RX to RX and TX to TX between the PC and the radio.

I think the header for plug 72 was installed on the logic board 180 degrees
out, and the plug fitted correctly, reversing the connection.  To save
rewiring the RS 232 cable yet again I just put the plug on the other way
round, and bingo the PC and the radio now talk to each other.

Another mystery solved.

73

Tim

gm4lmh