[TenTec] Jupiter not transmitting on 160, 40 and 30 mtrs

JDP wa4onv at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 14 18:01:48 EST 2009

Greetings to all,

Today my Jupiter quit transmitting on 160, 40 and 30 meters, all the other
bands are ok. The receiver is ok on those bands except it doesn't transmit.
When I place the Jup on 160 mtrs, I hear relays clicking in and out. I went
ahead and did a CPU reset and that didn't help. Secondly, I downloaded the
latest software for both personalities and it still does not transmit on
those band I mentioned above. I notice that even though it doesn't transmit
the power supply still shows I'm drawing 10 to 12 amps when it is keyed. Any
suggestions before it takes a trip to Ten-Tec ??  Thanks to all for your
help in advance.

Sincerely,

Joe WA4ONV