[TenTec] 1208 Transverter

Steve Berg wa9jml at tbc.net
Thu Jan 15 19:02:11 EST 2009

I used one of these transverters with my Argonaut II, and managed to
work all continents with it barefoot into a 4 element beam during the
last F2 cycle.  I found that it worked extremely well, and is now
helping a friend of mine enjoy 6 meters.  It gave me a whole lot less
trouble than my so-called "higher end" transverter does.  They are
touchy about overdrive as I found out when I tried to use it with my
Omni V.9, which apparently has a strong RF spike when keyed, but it sure
works well with a decent QRP rig like an Argonaut.  I don't see how you
can beat one for the price.

Steve WA9JML EN51