[TenTec] Matching speaker for Orion

Bob Close rclose at nhwisp.com
Wed Jan 21 08:03:45 EST 2009

I have a speaker that I made up from a cheap computer subwoofer/satellite
computer system that is wonderful for
CW and Phone use.  It is an Altec-Lansing system where the sub box is all
that I use, after gutting the amplifier
and connectors and throwing the satellites and control box away.  Just the
ported speaker.  Nice black metal grill, incredible audio, and it looks
great as well.  I keep the TenTec PS speaker on the desk, with this speaker
actually hooked up on a shelf.  If you ever see one of the
Altec systems in a discount or salvage shop, pick it up. I got mine for
under $20, found that the amplifier was all distorted
at any reasonable level, and made the changes. Best $20 I ever spent on a
garbage product!  BTW, it even makes the AM guys sound
good.

Bob