[TenTec] Antenna question

JAMES HANLON knjhanlon at msn.com
Thu Jan 22 12:24:21 EST 2009

Phil,

I have a "Center Fed Zepp" that presents an inconvenient feedline end impedance to my tuner on 40 meters, so I add an extra quarter wave, about 33 feet, of 450 ohm ladder line to the end of the feedline for that band.  I just run that 33 feet of line as a loop around the outside wall of my house, supported on several standoff insulators.  If you can't find any commercial standoffs, you can easily make some out of slotted PVC pipe.

Jim, W8KGI