[TenTec] Omni VI Mod 3 and RTTY

Jim Brown K9YC k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Jan 28 00:13:08 EST 2009

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 19:19:16 -0700, Glenn AE0Q wrote:

>Awesome tutorial, Jim!!  The only thing I would add are some
>optocoupler circuits to keep laptop serial and LPT ports safe.

If the radio and computer are bonded as described, no isolation
is needed. The bonding reduces the voltage between them to a few
uV. And even if they aren't bonded, the connection of the signal
returns of the serial cable to the shells of the DN9s reduces
that voltage to a few tens of mV.

>Thanks for taking the time to put all of that together for the
rest of us!!!

Thanks for the kind words, Glenn.

73,

Jim K9YC