[TenTec] Jupiter - Such a Quiet Puppy

jimimaxi2 at comcast.net jimimaxi2 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 30 07:47:34 EST 2009

Thanks for all the responses.
I use the RF gain at 75% most of the time.
The "sssssshhhhh" sound in the background of any signal, whether I am listening to a transmission or an empty frequency drops considerably when the attenuator is applied on the Jupiter.
I guess what I am talking about is that on the Kenwood and Yaesu I hear that same "sssssshhhhh" sound with all attempts to quiet it failing.
I don't hear the sound on the Jupiter without any buttons engaged.
Why?
Better radio or I don't know how to eliminate it on the other two radios?

THanks,
Jim C
KC2ROF