[TenTec] Ham Radio Deluxe

DW Holtman tubestuff at comcast.net
Fri Jan 30 22:00:40 EST 2009

Hello,

Still cannot get the serial connection to work. Looking through the manual,
I can find no mention and the circuit board descriptions of what circuit
board does the interfacing with the serial cable? I want to pull the covers
and look for loose connections etc.

Back to the wiring. I now have three different wiring configurations all
from Ten Tec.

What I have is a 25 Pin (Radio) to a 9 Pin (Computer) wired as below.

Computer        Radio
Pin 2 ----------Pin 3
Pin 3 ----------Pin 2
Pin 5 ----------Pin 7
Pins 1, 4 and 6 jumpered (shorted) together on the computer 9 Pin connector.

Some of the documentation show no jumpers at pins 1, 4 and 6, and one shows
jumpers only from pin 4 to pin 6? Are the jumpers necessary and in what
combination?

Jerry, K0CQ (thank you) sent me some detailed information to help explain
what the various pins are for, but I'm still lost. I have tried every
combination of DTR and RTS in the software packages such as HDR.

Has anyone found hardware problems inside the OMNI causing no communication?
I have already done a master reset with no help.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.