[TenTec] OT Again: Eico 710 GDO

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at storm.weather.net
Sat Jan 31 12:15:46 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 22:11 -0500, John Graves wrote:
> My Eico 710 GDO has died. No response to changing coils. Dial light
> comes on when turned on.  I have found a users manual but not the
> building manual.  Does anyone have assembly or disassembly instructions?

My guess would include a failed tube, probably a 6AF4 UHF tuner triode,
or a broken cable if the power supply is separate from the dipper.
Getting into the dipper probably requires removing the screws through
the U shaped wrapper and sliding it off the bottom. Don't take out
screws that don't hold that wrapper on.

Could be a power supply problem too, but the tube is the most likely
failure.

73, Jerry, K0CQ