[TenTec] Mic Element

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Jun 13 22:42:50 PDT 2009

Any relationship between EV and this mic is at least 40 years old, and
no one who was there then still works for EV (and many are dead). Forget
that connection. Ten Tec rigs, in general, work very well with almost
any low impedance dynamic mic. See

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/HamInterfacing.pdf

for info on how to connect a pro dynamic mic to your ham rig. It's easy,
requires no transformer, just proper wiring. And it works great! And
almost any dynamic-type ham mic will work fine with Ten Tec. The Shure
444 and 450 are very good choices. I've used the 444 with my Omni V.
I've also used an EV RE16 and RE20. They're overkill, but great ham
mics. An RE16 has been the only mic in my HF shack for five years.

73,

Jim K9YC