[TenTec] Centaur

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 12:03:51 PDT 2009

On Jun 30, 2009, at 8:29 PM, Dr. Gerald N. Johnson wrote:

> If the noise comes from dry bearings, sometimes they can be
> lubricated.
> Usually under the label is where the bearing is. Cut an X or slot in
> the
> middle and inject some fine oil, like sewing machine oil.

I've done that with 100's of PC fans. Often they have a cap under the
label which is necessary for the fan to work. You have to remove the
label, and then remove the cap. After putting in the oil, replace the
cap and label. I often replace the label with a piece of black
electrical tape so I know I've been there before. While I am at it, I
clean the blades, etc with window cleaner on a q-tip.

Recently I have been mixing the oil with some grease a friend who
repairs large appliances gave me. It's a local product, so I can't
tell you what the US equivalent is. I put in a drop of oil to get it
moving and once I can spin the blades by hand, I add the oil/grease
mixture.

73,

Geoff.

--