[TenTec] Keyboard advice...

Jack B. Friend jfriend31 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 1 17:59:53 PST 2009

MixW will send CW directly thru a switch in a COM port or LPT port. one need
only to look in the MixW help files and build a one diode, one transistor, 2
resistor circuit to use that method. i have noted that MixW will both send
and receive at super speeds.
i don't use the receive ability until i hear about 40 wpm or higher. in
contests it helps as i only hunt and pounce. some of the contesters send at
speeds approaching 45 wpm.
i can then copy the call letters and set the send speed to reply at their
speed.
check MixW help files for the circuit. it works super even thru USB to
serial cable.
MixW will also read one's radio the same way if desired.
i use LOGic8 in tandem with MixW. once i enter the callsign of the station
worked it feeds directly to LOGic8 where i keep my data. LOGic8 reads the
Orion. LOGic8 also has the same keying facility thru the same switch, but i
like MixW's keying interface much better.
jack ak7o