[TenTec] FW Update Problem w/O2

kc9cdt at aol.com kc9cdt at aol.com
Mon Mar 2 08:43:46 PST 2009

Joe,
Go back to the USB serial converter. BUT go to the hardware manager in windows and disable that multiport serial card first. Sounds like conflicts to me...also, do you have the latest windows SP 3 installed? You should at least have XP SP 2 installed.
Also, disconnect from the internet (cable), make sure NO other programs are running and disable any antivirus and firewall programs you have
Ever since Microsoft took away DIRECT serial port control in the OS we have had some issues with serial ports.It can be touchy now.

Some USB to serial adapters works OK others are junk.

73,
Lee