[TenTec] remote control of Hercules II from OmniV

Allan Taylor k7gt.cw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 11:29:32 PST 2009

I have been enjoying remote control of a Herc II from an OmniVI for
some time. I have recently acquired a 2nd Herc II and would like to
use
it with the backup rig, OmniV. The issue here is that the band data
available from the V differs from that of the VI. The differences only
apply to the
WARC bands but will end up having the HercIIs input circuits set one
position off for the 3 WARC bands. Am I missing something here? Does
it
not matter if the band selected on the Herc II is off one? Of course,
I could switch it manually when using WARC bands, but remembering to
do so
will be tough.

This issue is particularly ironic in that the Herc II came out BEFORE
the OmniVI yet matches its band data outputs exactly while not
matching the
V.

Any thoughts?

 Allan    K7GT