[TenTec] 715 RF Speech Processor

John Bescher n4dxi at mac.com
Tue Mar 10 12:54:23 PDT 2009

I would like to hear from anyone using the new 715 RF Speech Processor
with an Orion 2.  There is already a speech processor in the Orion 2.
I asked TT if the 715 RF Speech Processor would be a significant
improvement over the built in Orion 2 processor.  I was advised
affirmative but do not use both at the same time (the internal Orion 2
speech processor and the 715).  That makes sense, using both would not
be twice as good and would indeed probably cause distortion.

The 715 sounds like a winner for TT and they are advertising heavily.
I sure would like to help the economy!

73....John Bescher, N4DXI