[TenTec] omni D & A & C help

d.e.warnick at comcast.net d.e.warnick at comcast.net
Sat Mar 14 11:36:13 PDT 2009

Mike,

Here's the url for the AGC mod you want

http://tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=omniagc

You need to log on to tentecwiki.org, select transcievers, then look at the Omni A and Omni D pages there. They will answer many of your questions.

As for the PTO mod, the front panel's got to come off. That's just the knobs and 4 screws as I recall. Then unsolder 4 wires from the PTO (make a sketch of what colors are where before you remove anything) and take it out. Depending on your mechanical/electronics skills, the mod is less than 3 hours from rig on the bench to the job is done. First time could take a bit longer, but you don't want to rush and make a bigger job of it than it is. Allow yourself a nice Saturday to do it. Try to not force anything with a big tool. You'll just do unnecessary damage

Dave

WA3MKB