[TenTec] More Omni A B and C questions

James Duffer dufferjames at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 14 19:09:56 PDT 2009

I can think of several reasons why the s-meter would decrease when a narrow filter is switched in when compared with the wide open bandpass of the IF.  The power associated with the wider bandpass would be diminished by the filter, also if the filter is not centered on the IF frequency.  Curious as to why a s meter would increase when a narrow filter is switched in?  Maybe the filter has an associated amplifier could cause the increased meter reading??