[TenTec] Problem on 160 meters, Whats up?

Rsoifer at aol.com Rsoifer at aol.com
Wed Mar 18 06:09:23 PDT 2009

I would suspect that something is arcing over at the higher RF  voltage.  You
might  try tying the ends of the feedline together  and feeding it as a
single wire on 160.

GL,

Ray W2RS

In a message dated 3/18/2009 1:00:36 P.M. GMT Standard Time,  n3jbh at yahoo.com
writes:

Let me lay out the question I installed a center feed  dipole it is 138 feet
long. Feed with 450
ladder line. Using my  Palstar AT1KP tuner which I have raved so much about it
tunes this antenna  on 160 meters at 100 watts cw. Now turn on my AL-811H amp
and
every thing  (swr) Goes nuts !!!  I am
assuming the Balun in the tuner is acting  up. But I am here begging for
advice.
Or at least an explanation. I under  stand the dipole is to short. But why is
it

Also the amp works great on 160 in to a dummy load..  Jeff

TenTec mailing  list
TenTec at contesting.com