[TenTec] OMNI VII

Fri Mar 20 18:06:52 PDT 2009

Having had or have both, the filter system in the Omni VII is superior to the Omni VI Plus.  I don't find as many if any birdies on the Omni VII as I did on the Omni VI Plus.  The AGC system is better developed and has three choices regarding speed where the Omni VI Plus has two.  I find that the DSP is cleaner on the Omni VII as compared to the Omni VI Plus.

To answer your question, yes, the Omni VII hears better on CW than the Omni VI Plus.

73
Bob, K4TAX