[TenTec] New SS Amplifier Rumors?

M. Todd Miskel foamhand at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 25 16:58:14 PDT 2009

Hello all, I was tuning across 75 meters and stumbled upon some guys ragchewing about Ten Tec possibly working on a new legal limit solid state amplifier to replace the Titan III. Any scuttlebutt or rumor confirmations out there amongst you all? This would be a wonderful development in the right direction for Ten Tec IMHO. I know alot of you will start touting the cleaner signals from tube amps etc. etc. However, high power mosfets are evolving rapidly and are widely used commercially. Also with the surplus Russian tubes drying up and the rather questionable quality of Chinese 3-500's, 572B's etc. along with the exhorbitant prices of the Eimac products, I feel the evolution to solid state devices is inevitable for Amateur Radio. Elecraft is introducing their long awaited KPA 800's and KPA 1500's at Dayton from what I've heard. I hope Ten Tec isn't too far behind. 73, Todd - KT0DD