[TenTec] poor harsh audio on OMNI-V

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at storm.weather.net
Sat Mar 28 13:56:06 PDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-03-28 at 15:40 -0400, yash at aol.com wrote:
>  Jerry
> ???? the brain isn't functioning fully today,I guess. Iam confused about the use of the? BPF/FADE control. This control....or controls.... take a full? flat audio signal and makes? it able to cut the audio pass band from flat to 220 to 1700 by a combination of the 2 pots? If this circuit was not working like it should would this not result maybe in the tinny audio Iam getting? the fade does cause some action to the audio,? past mid scale with the fade knob, results in 0 audio in usb,never used it in lsb. the BPF seems to have NO effect on the audio signal.
> dale

I don't know about the bandpass filter knob. Didn't buy a V when I had a
chance because I didn't like the way it shifts to LSB for CW. That's
disaster in a VHF contest. I'm talking Band pass tuning. And That still
depends on the EXACT filters in use. Its certainly possible for a used
rig to have an unusual combination of narrower filters without having
reset the BFO to match to get an oddly sounding radio.

73, Jerry, K0CQ