[TenTec] OT: Phonetics

Todd (N0KMA) n0kma at att.net
Sun May 17 13:25:09 PDT 2009

Sure Charles, i don't know what any of us were thinking.  A 479, of
course what are we idiots, we all know that means you can barely hear
us.  I will definitely call everyone i know and i hope the other million
or so hams on the planet call everyone they know and let them in on how
to work a DX station that gives a 479.  At the same time i am sure we
can have everyone use a phonetic alphabet that is easier on you.  I
think we should all just turn our beams down that way, turn on a
kilowatt or so and that way you won't have to actually put in any effort
for any contact.  I thank you for cluing me in as to what a 479 really
is.  I will never think of a 479 the same way ever again.

Man you really do learn something new everyday.

Todd
NØKMA