[TenTec] Ten Tec Advertizing

M. Todd Miskel foamhand at hotmail.com
Tue May 19 05:04:50 PDT 2009

Dave, (KD2E)

I can understand your point about trying to be different. Let's look at the american competition & leave the I,K,Y rigs out of it. Elecraft and Flex Radio are already showing better performance numbers on their K3 & Flex 5000 than the O II according to Bob Sherwoods site tests. I have noticed Elecraft gaining a large following and taking away TT customers just due to the fact that their software updates are consistently forthcoming. Flex radio is a major SDR by definition, and a lot of the serious tech heads are jumping on the Flex bandwagon because of the computer horsepower offer by their radios ( i believe they incorporate a real time spectrum scope.) Many conversations I have heard by the serious tech heads call the Ten Tec dragonball processor the "Tarball" as it is old technology. As much as many of us would like to still be in our 57 chevy's at the drive in getting served by waitresses on rollerskates, times have changed. The only thing in life that is constant is change, and we either must adapt to change, or perish.

(For me, I love cross needle meters as they save time and effort when in a hurry trying to get tuned for that rare Dx station before it fades away! :) )

73, Todd - KT0DD