[TenTec] Re(Ten TEC) Palstar Tuner

Walter Hopper waltk5vv at gmail.com
Thu May 21 07:38:19 PDT 2009

Hi Chris..
In this particular case, I suggest that you would be better served in not
comparing "brands"... but designs.  Any tuner which matches balanced
feedlines with a balun, generates heat in the balun.  As W5TJ once told me:
" the receiving station can not hear  heat".  So, the problem is solved by
using a balun which employs two coordinated matching coils.  I won't mention
brands, but I am using one with 600ohm feedline, and the heat problem is
eliminated.  Do a little investigating.
73
Walt K5VV