[TenTec] Palstar tuner

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Thu May 21 11:25:04 PDT 2009

That's not true of all baluns. The flux in the ferrite core of a 1:1
Guanella balun wound with coax depends on the common-mode current, not
on the differential-mode current; so it's not directly related to the
load Z.

Also, we shouldn't confuse heating with saturation. To quote W8JI: "We
often assume heat means a core is very lossy or is "saturating", but
*t*his often isn't true." " It is almost never core saturation, unless
the core is subjected to very low average power and very high peak power
levels."

Steve G3TXQ