[TenTec] Final Firmware O2--"Jim Brown K9YC"

info4mjs at att.net info4mjs at att.net
Fri Nov 13 16:07:55 PST 2009

Hi,

I had to get my two cents in....

Hi Jim,

Do these posts from the Elecraft reflector ring a bell:
Hi Gang,

Had problem with "noise clicks" while using the width control before this
latest fw upgrade. I thought that this was supposed to be addressed with the
latest fw. I have 3.52 installed and still have clicks in the headphones
when adjusting the width control.  I thought it might be caused by some of
the stations that were loud, due to the close proximity of the signals but
did not have this before 3.44 fw.

Has anybody else have similar problems with this "artifact"?

73

and another post...

> Lyle will be contacting everyone who has had any type of audio
> artifact to get details. We're converging.

Please don't wait for me to contact you.  Please contact me!

I need to know:

1) band, mode, AGC settings, if NR on then NR settings, if AN On, if NB
on then NB settings, if CWT displayed, if text decode on.

2) Had you just made an adjustment when the noise occurred (e.g.,
changed NR setting, changed band, changed mode, changed gain,
changed...)?  IF so, from what to what?

3) Was there a signal at the time?  Strong, weak?  Just noise?  Was the
band noisy?  What sort of S Meter reading?

4) Did it go away by itself?

5) Did setting AF Gain to 0 stop it?  If so, did setting AF Gain back
yup start it again?

6) Go to CONFIG:TECH MODE and tap "1".  Please let me know what the
display indicates.

Thank you for your help as we attack this problem.

I guess that these are new features, right Jim?  LOL:-)

One other interesting thing that I've noticed is that two years after the K3 has been
around, it's used selling price to new price ratio seems to be around 70% whereas the Orion
radios were well above 80%.  I wonder if that means anything.

Mike, WA1SEO