[TenTec] It the 715 speech processor for my Omni C?

Ivin Flint ivinflint at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 15 10:15:43 PST 2009

I have been looking at the TenTec 715 speech processor on the Ten Tec web site and now saw a review on it in the latest QST.  From what I read it would be very effective on a radio that does not already have speech processing in the transceiver.

I wonder if it would be effective in my Omni C?  I use a Electrovoice 606 high impedance mic.  The article says it takes any microphone with a impedance of 50kohm or less so I guess there is one problem.  The hook up cables from the rig to the processor sound like none are made for the stereo plug mic jack in the Omni C.  I think the manual of the Omni C calls for a high impedance mic so maybe this isn't really for the vintage that I use.

I though bringing it up here might help more than just myself.  Any ideas?

Ivin W9ILF