[TenTec] Model 715

Richards JRUING at AMERITECH.NET
Wed Nov 25 22:08:01 PST 2009

Golly, fellers...  I certainly don'w want to look a gift horse
in the mouth... but it appears I was not sufficiently clear
in my original question, and got answers to a different
question.

Original question =  How do we like the article in QST...
was it accurate?   Did it accurately portray the product
and did it put it in a good, and accurate, not false, light?

Question you heard = How do you like your Model 715.

I thought the article did it justice and did a good job
describing how to work it  (i.e., how to work its controls
and set it up) and how it works  (i.e., how well does it
perform in use.)   I thought it was fairly balanced, even
handed and well written.   I thought it put the product
in a good light, without over doing it.

As for the second question, I, too, can report good
results with it.  Reception reports from reliable hams
indicate exactly what you guys, and the article, have
said - namely, that one can easily over work it and
over process the signal and end up with horrible
distortion that sounds awful.   No one is going to want
to talk to anyone using it poorly because it is way worse
than not having it on at all.

I was pleased with the article... partly because I think TT
(like anyone else!)  can use some good press.  QST is
always mentioning "SDR Radios" and listing Elecraft
and Flex rigs as SDR radios, and not the TenTec rigs,
and I think this is both inaccurate and unfair.    So some
good press felt pretty good to me.

Just MY take...